I went to see the Twilight movie today. It was pretty good. Not as good as the book (not even close!) but good. I would recommend this movie to the following people:
1) People who like vampires
2) People who like good looking guys
3) People who like actresses who are very monotone and only show emotion when she is about to be killed by a vampire
4) People who like movies about high school
5) People who like good looking guys
6) People who didn't read the book, or alternatively people who read the book, but who won't spend the whole movie thinking "THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN THE BOOK!!!" Because it is.
I was pleasantly surprised by a few things - the dad was funny, the baseball scene was surprisingly cool, the scene at the restaurant when Rob Pattinson's song is playing, Rob Pattinson's American accent, Esme (because I don't like the actress that plays her but she is cute in the movie), I thought Jacob seemed okay (but that boy better grow like 2 feet and start working out if they are going to make the next movie), Edward was cute (obviously) and he played the piano which was nice, and James, Laurant and Victoria were great.
I was disappointed by a few things too - the sparkle scene (no way to make it like it was in my imagination and it was different than in the book), Bella was lame, Jasper had weird hair (although I started to like him in the baseball scene), Rosalie (but I never liked her), the running and spider monkey scene (if you see the movie you will know what I am talking about), Edward seemed to be wearing lipstick or something - that was kind of weird, they also left out a few of my favorite scenes from the book. I know it is impossible to do a movie just like the book, but I thought the parts they left out would have added a lot to the relationship - it seemed really rushed in the movie.
But all in all, a good movie that I want to see again so I can actually concentrate on the movie instead of thinking THIS IS DIFFERENT!!! the whole time.
When I left the movie, there was a long line of teenage girls waiting to watch the movie. I was glad I went to an earlier show because they seemed kind of screechy and semi-hysterical. Although, to be honest, if I was a teenaged girl I might have been the same way. Instead I kept my screeching and hysteria on the inside - where it belongs in a 28 year old woman :)
No comments:
Post a Comment