Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh No!

It is only the 5th day of the month and I am already out of stuff to post about! This might be a long month of boring posts :) Luckily I have cute girls to show pictures of!

This is Ella a few weeks ago when she was home sick:


She is sleeping on the couch, wearing her favorite spotted dress and holding an apple. I think I can count on one hand the number of times that Ella has voluntarily gone to sleep without anyone telling her to - this was not naptime, or bedtime, it was the middle of the afternoon. She was tired and feeling sick so she fell asleep. For those of you who know Ella well, this is amazing. Yes Ella still uses a pacifier - for sleeping only. Not at daycare anymore though. One day we decided to try having naptime without it - and if she could do it she could have a reward (I fully admit to bribing my children, I will stop doing it the minute it stops working!) And she did it! No "sucker" at naptime. We have been talking about how she won't need it anymore when she is three - because then she will be too big for it. Ella agrees, I so I don't really forsee any problems. Once you get Ella to agree to something, she almost always does it. Especially if you can explain why she should do it.

This is Avery holding one of her new toys, and eating it:


Because she eats anything she can get her hands on. The other day I was holding her and she tried to eat my pony tail. She actually got it in her mouth before I noticed. Yuck. A toy is much better. We used to have a ton of baby toys from Ella, but we packed them all up when we moved and I have no idea where they are (because I have not finished unpacking). So Avery might get all new toys!


Here's hoping I can come up with something more exciting tomorrow. Maybe some interesting Alaska election news? We will see.

No comments: