Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Cookies!

I think it is fun to do lots of things at one time. Like making a crazy complicated Halloween costume AND make delicious Halloween cookies with Ella. We make cookies a lot, because Ella loves to help bake, and I love cookies! But this is the first time we have used cookie cutters and frosting and sprinkles! We made orange pumpkins, black bats and white ghosts. Very fun! I can't wait to do it again at Christmas!!!





Ella was happy because we actually let her eat the cookies she decorated. She had more than one, and the sugar rush was something to behold! I modified the recipie (like I do all cookie recipes) with less than the usual amount of sugar and about 3/4 whole wheat pastry flour and 1/4 regular unbleached all purpose flour. So at least they are a tiny bit better than regular sugar cookies, but just as yummy. But I think the delicious frosting (basically butter and powdered sugar) and sprinkles made up for any healthiness. Yum!

No comments: