Avery's costume came together in about an hour the night before Halloween. A quick skirt with leftover fabric and a freezer paper stencil onesie. You can't really see in the picture, but the paint on the onesie is glittery. I didn't have light green fabric paint, but I had olive green, white, white pearl and silver glitter - mix it all together and it is an almost perfect match to the skirt fabric!

A heart on the front and wings on the back.

Here is Ella "flying like Tinkerbell" Please note the awesome silver glitter shoes from Target!
The cute wings that match perfectly that I found on sale for like $3 - helps balance out the insanely expensive dress I guess :) The tights and shirt were important because she wanted to wear her costume all day at the 2s (daycare) and it is COLD outside!
Here are the cute Tinkerbell sisters!

We did a little trick or treating. The girls did some at daycare - although I am not sure why a 4 month old needs candy - unless it is for mommy which is fine :) After daycare we went to Ama and Papa's house. The girls got some stuffed animals and a little tiny bit of candy. Ella ate her smarties and Avery ate her stuffed worm.

Then we went over to Grandma Kathy's house. Ella was clearly very excited to trick or treat there!
Ella and Avery got books (Tinkerbell and a counting book) and Ella got a lollypop - we are lucky that the Grandparents seem to agree with our almost no candy rule! Although, however much candy Ella ate was too much because it was a loooooong night with a cranky girl when bedtime rolled around. We also did a little trick or treating in our neighborhood. Ella and I just went up and down part of the street. She thought it was fun, but she was pretty shy and didn't want to talk - she just said "Happy Halloween" and then tried to hide behind my legs :)Our only Halloween decorations - fake pumpkins that I sprayed with chalkboard paint. Pretty cool because you can change the faces - Ella colored on another one that I didn't get a picture of and it is really cute. (I didn't think this up myself, I stole it from a craft blog)

So it was a good Halloween, but I am glad it is over. I like Thanksgiving and Christmas a lot more!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment