Friday, November 14, 2008

Official

Something exciting happened on Thursday! Mom was sworn in and now she is an official licensed lawyer, licensed and ready to practice in state and federal court.

Saying the oath:


Ready to sue someone:


It was a very nice ceremony held in the Alaska Supreme Court courtroom, assorted judges spoke (including a Judge Morse coincidentally) and every type of bar association you can imagine. Some of the judges and speakers were the same ones that spoke at my swearing in 3 (three! wow!) years ago - they even told some of the same jokes :)

Many of the speakers advised the new admittees to thank their parents in the audience. Since I like to think I had a little something to do with Mom going to law school and completely rocking the bar exam and passing on the first try (because I gave fantastic advice - if you don't know the answer, make something up) I think they should have said thank your children for all their support :)

After it was over I showed Mom the pictures. She said, you are not going to blog about this are you? Of COURSE I am! Why do you think I brought the camera!!!

No comments: