Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving!!!


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! We had LOTS of delicious food - including but not limited to TWO different kinds of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli, green beans, corn, sweet potatoes, two kinds of cranberries, biscuits, rolls, and most importantly, lefse!!! Also many many pies. Everything was super delicious!

Avery hung out on the floor and played while we ate. She has been making this hysterical growling noise lately, she sounds like a tiny bear. I took a video and I will try and post it later. So just look at this sweet baby and imagine the growling!



Ella enjoying the lefse - she wanted more and more - and every time someone would make her some she would remind them multiple times to put sugar on it. Don't forget the sugar - sugar is critical!


This is the Thanksgiving aftermath -

Floor naps. Aaron also took one but he was making a rude gesture in the picture so I will not post it :)


A sleepy baby who only took one nap all day because it was too exciting around our house to sleep!


Then, a game of Risk. Which I won!!! Risk is our post-holiday tradition and we had to ransack our garage to find it because it had been packed and never unpacked. Cory was the first to be out, then Dad, then Matt and then Aaron and I were left - he conceeded in the face of my unbeatable armies. Which was a smart move - also we had to stop playing so we could take Avery home and get her to bed :)






Ella and Ama decided not to play risk, and they watched the Tinkerbell movie instead.


It was a great great day. We realized that we had not celebrated Thanksgiving all together in 10 years!!! That seems like a LONG time! So it was nice to be all together again. Although Aaron and I miss spending Thanksgiving in Northwood - where we played cards instead of Risk, but it was just as fun!!! At least we had lefse, even if we didn't have the Iowa family :)

Great-Ama, this is a message from Ella to you!

No comments: