Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sisterly Love

Ella loves Avery and it is awesome! She talks to her like she is not a baby - many times a day she asks Avery "What are you doing Avery?" and then she waits for an answer. She also likes to tell Avery stories and show her stuff. For example, Ella had a tiny owie on her toe - she had to show it to Avery, and then she needed Avery to kiss it to make it better.

This is what I overheard this morning while Avery was playing on the floor and Ella was playing with her:

Ella: Avery, I am being a good girl today.
Avery:
Ella: You are being a good girl too! That is a big girl thing to do - nice work!
Avery: Gurgle, shriek!!!
Ella: That is funny Avery! Maybe cause we are such good girls together we can get a treat.
Avery: Coo, gurgle.
Ella: But you can't have a treat, only, milk.
Avery: Fussing - starting to cry
Ella: Don't cry Avery (patting Avery's head) you will be a big girl soon, in 14 minutes, and then you can have a treat too. (to me) Don't worry Mommy, I am playing with Avery so she won't be sad. I am going to show her a trick. We are being good girls.

It was super funny, not only because I love to hear Ella tell Avery things that I say to her (nice work), but because she always wants Avery to be happy. Also because she has no concept of time. Everything that happened in the past happened "last morning" and everything in the future is like 14 minutes away.







No comments: