So, as I have mentioned, I am doing National Novel Writing Month again this year. For the third time. So far, I have not been able to meet the 50,000 word goal, but this year I have a new plan. I am not going to freak out about word count. The target is to write about 1667 words a day. The last two times I have started out good, but gotten progressively behind and then I get frustrated and quit. This year, I am just going to write everyday and not worry about the word count (not too much at least) because I am writing to write a book, not to win a contest. So if I don't win, it doesn't matter as long as I am still writing. Sounds pretty good huh.
I pretty much want to be a rich and famous author, and the only way I can do that is if I actually write a book. Believe me, I have tried to do it without writing a book and it didn't work. So now, I am going to write.
My book idea this year is awesome. It is not a romance (the last two failures have been romances) it is more of an action type story about spies, military special operations and terrorism and exciting stuff like that. Much different, but I think it will be fun. I have been doing lots of research on the internet and I got some books about Navy SEALS and the Army Delta Force. I also watch many TV shows about the SEALS, but that is not for my book, it is because I love the Navy SEALS :) If I could manage a "research" trip to Coranado in California. I would do it in a second to stalk them, I mean research them. Research.
I am going to try and do a daily word count update in Twitter - so if I do fail, everyone will know about it! Nothing like a little pressure and the fear of public humiliation to get my writing going!
No comments:
Post a Comment