Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Fun in May!!!

Amazingly we had a week of sunny warm weather in May! It was wonderful and just happened to coincide with the week I took off from work to get some stuff done at home. It really was a coincidence. I promise.

Anyway, the girls have been begging to run through the sprinkler ever since the snow melted, so we finally got it out for some fun. Avery was wary at first, but she totally got into it - which is a first. Last year she wouldn't touch a sprinkler with a 10 foot pole.



First some sunbathing - with SPF 75.


Then a little test - the water was VERY cold.


 Then Ella went for it!


Then Avery did too! It was very exciting!




Gotta water those dandilions - I am sure Aaron will be pleased they are being so well taken care of!


 What a cute (pale) baby! I used an entire can of sunscreen on her that week - no sunburn for this redhead!!!


While the girls were playing with the sprinkler, a neighbor from down the street brought them over a little plastic swimming pool! Perhaps she was drawn in by the loud screams of joy coming from our yard. Perhaps she wanted to clean out her garage. Either way, it was super thoughtful and the girls were super happy!

They couldn't even wait until I filled it up (with icy cold hose water - brrr)


But who cares about freezing cold water when you can play - and dump a bucket of that water on your little sister?!?!


Avery didn't even care! But do you know what is even MORE fun than a bucket? Why not pull the slide out of the backyard and use it to make a waterslide!





But eventually, even the most awesome waterslides grow tiresome. At least, temporarily, while you master a new and challenging task. The hula hoop! Ella has been trying and trying, but finally she got it going. And I was amazed! She was great!!!




It really was a fun day. Or, as Avery says "the most fun day EVER!" Although she says that about pretty much every day when we do anything even remotely fun. I might really mean it about this day though :)

No comments: