Friday, June 17, 2011

Matt & Cheyenne's Wedding

Matt and Cheyenne got married last weekend and it was an amazing day! We are so happy for them, and happy to welcome Cheyenne to the family. Get ready for a picture overload! I didn't take that many (although I did take more than 100 - thanks to my awesome dress with POCKETS so I could keep my camera handy all day) but I was chasing two beautiful and very excited flower girls around all day so I couldn't go as crazy as I wanted. Tons of other people were taking pictures though so if I come across some good ones I will post those as they come.

Okay, on to the pictures!!! The wedding was at Kincaid Park - the ceremony was outside and the reception inside at the chalet. We went early to help set up, but couldn't stay long because I had to get myself dressed and both girls and make sure Aaron got dressed and didn't fall asleep (he worked the night before and the night after so he was a little tired) I was very proud of myself regarding the girls' hair, I am terrible at fixing hair. But I googled "little girl fancy hairstyle" or something and came up with a pretty good idea of how to do it. Then I made some cool curly ribbons and stuck those in to cover any flaws :)




The girls' dresses were from Target during Easter time (technically after Easter on clearance!) and I took off the bow and flower doo-dad on the front and added the blue sash to match Cheyenne's dress. I think they turned out really cute - although having cute girls wear the dress really helps!!!

But we managed to get dressed, including flower girl hairstyling and made it to the park with time enough for a little dress rehearsal.



And the first round of family pictures - minus the bride and groom.


Then it was time for the wedding! It was short and sweet - emphasis on the sweet. Matt and Cheyenne wrote their own vows, and they were lovely. I might have cried a little.




Cory and Aaron were groomsmen - they looked very handsome! Also standing up for Matt was the best man Adam (not pictured), Rebecca, Brian and Grant. It was later pointed out to me that I used to babysit two of the groomsmen. I won't lie, it made me feel super old. SUPER old. But I got over it, or I will get over it eventually. Whatever.


Then it was time for the reception. Actually, it was time for more pictures - which I do not have pictures of for obvious reasons. But after the pictures, it was time for the reception! The chalet was decorated very beautifully with hanging lanterns and Matt and Cheyenne made the centerpieces which were bouquets of origami flowers.



We were really lucky that a lot of family were able to come up for the wedding, it made it a lot of fun! Also present but not pictured - Uncle Scott, Thomas and Christopher, Uncle Tim, and Aunt Elin and Uncle Shorty. I know Uncle Scott has pictures of everyone - I will try and get them!


Aunt Punky and Mom:



Aaron and Aunt Lisa:


Uncle Mike and Avery Dancing:


Avery trying to feed Grandpa cake, after she cute baby tricked her way into eating all the frosting and cake left on the table :)


And speaking of cake, it was amazingly delicious!!! And beautiful!


Obviously the girls loved it. It may have been the most highly anticipated part of the wedding (aside from their dresses and tiaras) Ella tried to savor it:


Avery basically crammed about half the piece in her mouth in one gigantic bite and then spent the rest of the night trying to charm her way into additional pieces:


Then there was dancing!

The happy couple:


The parents dance - to What a Wonderful World:


Matt and Mom - there may have been tears during this dance (and I am not saying who) (okay, it was me) (also Mom) but then Matt made a joke and Mom laughed and the crying stopped. At least some of it.



Ella in heaven dancing with the bridesmaids all afternoon. Here she is doing "The Swim":


And the Twist:


Avery and Kyle, the ring bearer making friends:


Avery taking a bow after a really special dance:


Ella and Ama getting down:

Mom and Dad:



It was a really beautiful and fun day and we are all really happy that Cheyenne is part of our family!!!

No comments: