It was pretty good - there was an area of shade, where they could play with a baby toy Avery found in the garage and carries around outside all the time now (twice as much as she ever played with it when she was a baby)
There was also an area for sitting in chairs and one for sunbathing. It seemed pretty perfect. But there were some downsides - most importantly that the blanket roof kept falling off the chairs and onto their heads. Not a good way to play.
So Ella asked for my help to make the perfect clubhouse. She wanted it to be pink (of course) and with a roof that would not collapse. So I turned to the internet and found this tutorial which seemed to be the perfect combination of easy and adorable. So after a quick trip to Home Depot for wood and pink spray paint, and a little help from Aaron to cut the long sticks of wood in half - I got to work! I used an extra flat sheet as the fabric so I only had to hem two sides. It was ridiculously easy (like 20 mins plus paint drying time) and also, in my opinion, adorable!
And best of all, the roof does not collapse! And the girls love it!
1 comment:
I'm thinking this would be a great etsy shop add! Very cute! - Hannah
Post a Comment