Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Avery's Birthday Tea Party

Ella has been wanting to plan a summer tea party for some time now. Finally the perfect occasion arose, the perfect combination of Avery's birthday (or close to it) and Iowa company! So we planned it all out, invited our company - and Cousin Riley - and tea partied.

Of course, the girls don't like actual tea, and neither do I, so it was more of a theoretical tea party than an actual tea party. But it was quite fancy and fun nonetheless.


We had punch (which shall hence forth be known as cottontails due to Averys mispronounciation of cocktails - and a lack of rum in the punch!) chocolate mousse cake, assorted cookies and two kinds of cupcakes. Now, it should be known that not all of my crafty baking endevors turn out well - I can't bake decent bread for anything - but these cupcakes turned out so amazingly awesome, I took about a million pictures of them!


I mean, how cool do they look! It wasn't even hard! I hate to discourage anyone from thinking I am some sort of expert cupcake decorator, but it was super easy. Just a little time consuming, but totally worth it I think!


Avery liked them too. But not for any aesthetic reason, she just wanted to eat them.


I also made regular cupcakes in cool cupcake wrappers from Michaels - they had less marshmallows and more frosting. Yummy!


Ella, Avery and Riley all went out on the back deck to enjoy their tea party goodies!





Then it was time for some presents! It was technically Avery's party but Ella got some presents too - lucky girl!



 Avery loved some presents to much she just had to hug them - especially cotton candy and a giant lollipop. Thanks Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Mike!



The girls had quite a haul! Hairclips, jewelry, sunglasses, stick on princess fingernails, candy, books, and a baby doll that moves and talks. Avery loves it, she is the mommy and she takes good care of her baby!!!



After all the present excitement it was time to relax with a few good books and a few good Amas to read them!



It was a great birthday tea party and we were so happy that our Iowa family could celebrate with us!!! Thanks guys!!!

No comments: