Sunday, June 26, 2011

5 Going on 25

I did the previous post about Avery this morning, then the girls and I had some errands to run. While we were out I came to the realization that both of my children are extremely weird. But I am okay with that, I might be weird too.

So Ella has the crazy ability to switch between acting her age and acting like an adult from one minute to the next. We had to go to the fabric store so Ella could pick out a binding fabric for her birthday quilt. She had a couple of options sitting on the cutting table when a store employee came up and asked if she could help us. Ella replied:

"I need to make a final decision on the binding fabric, but I think we will need one yard please."

Ella chose her fabric and skipped gleefully to the back of the store where they had a leggo table set up for kids. She was making a leggo circus train. The store employee asked how old Ella was and told me she thought she sounded very grown up for her age.

As we were in the car headed home Avery said she was as hungry as a giant is big. Ella said:

"Avery, that is a metaphor - good job! Or is it a simile? I always get those two confused!" Immediately after that she squealed, "Look at that car store, it is covered in balloons!!!" when we passed a car dealership

I don't even know where she comes up with this stuff. Seriously weird kids.

No comments: