Friday, May 22, 2009

Perfect Weekend

Last weekend was probably the last weekend we are all going to have together for a LONG now that Aaron has started FTO. So we decided to make it as fun as possible! On Saturday Aaron and Ella worked on the yard and played in the sprinkler. I didn't get many pictures because I was furiously quilting. But I did get this one - I love the look on her face:

My Mom came over to sew too - but you can't sew all day, not when there is a baby that wants to hug you:
On Sunday we had a picnic and fun in the front yard. It was another beautiful day - very sunny. Mere sunscreen is not enough for Avery, so we got her an awesome sun hat. Here she is doing her supermodel pose:

We got bubbles to play with and squirt guns. Ella was not interested in shooting people with her squirt gun, but she thought it was pretty good for watering our flowers:

After nap time we walked/rode to the playground at the school down the street. Ella rode her bike:

We had not been to the playground for a long time so it was really fun!

Avery watched from her stroller:

Ella tried her best, but she could not do a pull up. I also could not do a pull up.

Cory came along on his bike which he kindly shared with Aaron so they could try bike tricks:

On our way home we saw this sweet jump in the ice rink. Cory and Aaron went on their bikes but Ella thought jumping off was the way to go:

Here is Ella claiming it:

Mom and Dad met us as we were on our way home. They took Avery and headed for our house - typical baby stealing behavior:

So it was a wonderful weekend. This weekend (and every weekend for the forseeable future) I am going to be alone with the girls until Aaron gets off work (he has been getting home around 7:00 now that he is on the day shift) but luckily it is Memorial Day weekend so we will all have Monday to spend together!!!

No comments: