Here is his new official badge:

It was a great graduation. The Mayor spoke, then the Chief of Police, then the class picked a keynote speaker - Officer Kehr, and then the class valedictorian. After the speeches they recruits walked across the stage, shook hands with the Mayor and Cheif and got their badges and certificates.
Then the class was sworn in. The judge that did the swearing in messed up the oath so all of the class messed up the oath too. It was kind of funny.
Aaron had quite a few people come to graduation my family (Mom, Dad, Cory, Matt and me):
His Mom and Jesse (not pictured - he was eating cake or something :):
And Kelly and Hank (also not pictured but he was taking other pictures)
After graduation we decided to have a celebratory dinner so we went to Glacier Brewhouse, where we had delicious food and Avery dumped a full glass of beer on my Dad's lap.We are all really proud of Aaron and all the hard work he has done so far. He starts field training now and his first day on the street is Thursday. He has the day shift for 5 weeks, then swing and then mids and then I think he goes back to days for a few weeks - so in about 18 weeks or so (I think) he will be out on his own in his own car. Very exciting!!!
Congratulations Aaron - we love you!
I didn't get very many or very good pictures for some reason, so I am going to try and get ones that other people took so I will add those on to this post later.
2 comments:
No celebration is complete without spilled beer...
And good work Aaron! Looking dashing in the uniform!
Why was Avery drinking beer?
Post a Comment