I have tons of cute pictures to post from our fun weekend, but I can't get the pictures to load so instead I am posting this.
I have been thinking about what a big girl Ella is now. She talks almost like an adult sometimes, but there are still some words she does not pronounce perfectly. I know that she can say them all correctly, but she doesn't. I rarely correct her because I think it is cute and I don't want her to be totally grown up yet - she is still my baby. So here are a few of my favorites:
murdercycle = motorcycle (my favorite!)
lellow = yellow
base = vase
yet go = let go
myselth = myself
She is such a kid now, it cracks me up. She has skinned knees now and looks completely like a big kid and not a baby at all. She is always saying crazy stuff - just the other day I told her something and she looked at me and said "you have got to be kidding me Mom!" Like she is a teenager or something. Crazy!
Avery is getting to be a big girl too - she turns one next month! I can't believe this year has gone by so fast! She is crawling now, and trying to pull herself up on things. It looks crazy because she still looks tiny like a little baby crawling around. I think that month or so that she was so sick in January kind of held her back a little but she has gained all the weight back and more so I don't think it is that big of a deal. Of course I don't mind, I want her to stay a baby! But she is already growing up. She is getting pretty good at understanding things - she claps when you ask and will give kisses. If you ask her to give you something she is holding she will - but if it is something she wants she will give it to you and then hold her hand out for you to give it right back! She also gives hugs. Real hugs where she squeezes you tight. And she is the snugglyist baby, which is wonderful.
She is also the biggest eater I have ever known. That baby would eat 24-7 if she had her way. For dinner she had a big jar of baby food, baby snackers, yogurt snacks, grapes, macaroni and cheese, shredded cheese and then about 20 minutes later, milk. And I am sure she would have eaten more if I would have let her. And it is like that for every meal. It is amazing the amount of food that baby can put away!
I am glad that the girls are growing, of course, but I love babies - what am I going to do when they are both "big girls" and not babies at all?!?!?!
1 comment:
Sounds like it's time for another one!
Post a Comment