Friday, June 7, 2013

Zoo With Friends

Thursday was another beautiful day last week so we decided to meet some friends at the zoo! It would have been a perfect day except that I got pulled over by the cops (only the second time in my life!) and got three tickets on the way there. So that was lame but at least they are all fixable so it isn't the worst, but I do think it must be some kind of record! Luckily I managed to get two of them fixed and signed off on that day and a quick trip to traffic court will fix the third. I suppose I have learned my lesson about making sure my registration is current and by brake lights are working :)

Anyway, we made it to the zoo almost on time and the girls were so excited. We went with their friends Hailee and Sophie and since we both have season passes I think we will be spending a lot of time there this summer!

We spent some time at the petting zoo. The girls were a little wary at first.




But they warmed up pretty quickly. Avery liked this goat because they were "hair twins"


Ella made a friend of this goat - he wouldn't stop following her around!




She had to be quite firm with him to keep its nose out of her bag :)


 We looked at every single animal at the zoo. I know because the girls spent a lot of time consulting various maps to be sure we didn't miss anything.



We saw sleeping musk ox


 Awake snow leopards



Brown bears



And one very smelly camel



We took a break for a picnic too!


 And saw a few very adorable moose!





We will be back soon - the zoo is so fun! Ella has a plan to take sketch books next trip and draw all the animals.

No comments: