Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Color Run 2013

I decided I should stop being lazy and start running more. So to motivate myself I signed up for a 5k race. Then I promptly forgot all about running and races. So when I was reminded of my upcoming race I was a little nervous. But it was for nothing, because the race was awesome. We were forced, due to the crazy number of racers - 15,000!!! - to do a combination of running and walking so I didn't even die from running too much without enough training. And I got to spend some glorious child free time in the sunshine with my friend Kara. All in all a great way to spend a Saturday morning!!!

Before the race


Enjoying a little pre-race zumba


Waiting and waiting and waiting at the start. I took this picture just as some of the first racers were finishing the race. I think we waited about an hour to actually start.


Approaching the first color station - you could see the cloud of color from a long ways back!


After the race!


At the post race party


It was so much fun! I am going to bring the girls next year, they would love it!!!

No comments: