Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Thanks Pinterest!

Last summer I saw a brilliant idea on Pinterest - a giant outdoor chalkboard! This is perfect for many reasons - (1) our driveway is always full of cars so it isn't great for sidewalk chalk, (2) because the driveway doesn't work the girls use sidewalk chalk on the fence, the house, the playhouse, basically everything they can get their chalk on, (3) I get irritated when our house and fence looks like it was attacked by graffiti artists and (4) the girls love to draw.

So instead of just pinning this idea and forgetting it ever existed, I actually made a giant chalkboard! I found a random piece of wood Aaron had in the garage and some left over chalkboard paint, 10 minutes and a sunny day. And boom - awesome giant chalkboard!





It was a huge hit and the girls have been playing with it non stop. They have drawing contests, art classes, they leave notes for the neighbor kids (and the neighbor kids leave notes for them) it is basically awesome! Thanks Pinterest!


You can see the fence graffiti behind it - what weird kids do math for fun with sidewalk chalk? Mine apparently. Crazy!


No comments: