Friday, June 14, 2013

Fun with Riley and Bryson - Day 2

Ella woke up in the morning looking like this:


After getting assurances that Avery hadn't punched her in the face during the night, we realized that it was a mosquito bite. Ella has the worst reaction to mosquito bites I have ever seen. Unfortunately it has been the worst summer for mosquitoes I have ever seen as well. We go through so much bug spray it isn't funny. Seriously, Ella has been single handedly keeping the deet industry alive since 2005. 

After VBS the kids and I decided that we wanted to head to the library to get some new books. Astonishingly the vote for the library was unanimous, and I never turn down a trip to the library so we went. The kids were super happy to see that they turned the fountain on and they had to run a few laps around it before we went inside.


All four kids found books to read and settled into the people shaped chairs for a little reading. And by a little reading I mean 40 minutes of reading.


They would have kept reading - maybe forever - but I persuaded them to take a break so we could go outside and listen to the concert that was going on outside on the library lawn.


Every Tuesday afternoon the library has some kind of kids activity. This week was a concert of Alaska themed kids music from a group called Good Dog. It was a lot of fun and the kids really liked it!



It was a super hot day - 75 or so which in Alaska is equivalent to 100 I think - so the kids decided some sprinkler time was in order.



I managed to get sunburned (again) but the kids are still as pale as ever. I think sun screen just doesn't work on me. But the good/bad news is I actually have a tan. Perhaps the first tan I have had since the olden days when I used to lay out and put some effort into getting one. This is the best summer so far, I hope the weather lasts!!!

After awhile even the sprinkler wasn't enough to keep us cool so we all went inside to read. Ella and Riley both finished the books they started at the library - girls after my own heart :)

No comments: