Thursday, June 13, 2013

Fun with Riley and Bryson - Day 1

My sister and brother in laws are out of town for a week so the girls and I agreed that Riley and Bryson could hang out with us and have some fun while they are gone. In a very happy coincidence, it was also the week of VBS so we had the mornings all planned!

We decided to have a picnic at our favorite park and walk down to the beach.

Bunch of weirdos.



The park as - as usual - totally crowded so we decided to walk down the bike trail to the beach first. We were immediately distracted by a field of dandelions. Why do kids like dandelions so much?


But we eventually made it down to the beach!





We made several exciting discoveries - lots of beach glass (which is much different than the regular broken beer bottle glass that is EVERYWHERE sadly) But the best thing we found was an awesome dead fish. It was a ways out in the mud so I had to use a long stick to get it up to the sand, but it was totally worth it. Or so I am told.


Everyone touched it but I had to veto their plans to dissect it and/or bring it home for further examination.


After all the dead fish excitement we climbed up the bluff and went back to the park.






After all that excitement I was exhausted, but the kids were still ready for fun. So I turned to trusty old pinterest for a fun activity and we came up with foam dough. Equal parts shaving cream and corn starch. It was super fun to make and actually kept all four kids entertained for nearly an hour straight!






It was a heck of a first day. I don't know if I can keep this pace up all week - but I am gunning for the funnest aunt ever award so we will see :)

No comments: