I cannot believe that Avery is officially one month old. This month has been the fastest month of my life - seriously, didn't I just have this baby last week?!?!?! Everything has gone so well, I keep waiting for some kind of explosion of insanity to hit our house. All the things I was super worried about before Avery was born have not happened yet.
I was worried that Ella would have a hard time with a new baby, but she has been so so good, and such a good big sister! She loves Avery so much and is very attentive and loving and careful with her - it is even better than I hoped. She likes to give me advice, when Avery cries Ella tells me what she needs - her sucker, big bird, kisses, food, etc. Ella is always willing to be my helper, she even does the laundry (I am not joking, she can pretty much do it herself!).
I was worried that Avery would be a fussy baby who didn't sleep (because Ella was such a good baby I didn't think I could be so lucky again) But Avery is a great baby, not overly fussy and she sleeps constantly! (so far - knock on wood)
I was also worried that I wouldn't be able to handle things by myself. With Ella, Aaron had 2 weeks off and my parents were staying with us for two weeks. So I barely had to change a diaper! Pretty much my only responsibility was feeding Ella. But now, Aaron started his new job the first full day we were home from the hospital and he works 5 days a week (which is also a change) But, my Mom is always willing to come over and hold Avery if I need it, and Ella has had several slumber parties and other super fun activities with assorted family. I will admit that it has been more difficult getting two girls dressed and clean and fed and happy. Ella still goes to daycare so once we are ready in the morning Avery and I are on our own for the rest of the day. However, sometimes it takes us several hours to get ready in the morning :) We do have to have some all-girls playtime!
Every day goes so fast. We have no real routine. We wake up (actually Ella wakes up and wakes everyone else up - although I have instituted a new rule that we don't get out of bed until the clock says eight-zero-zero. It has worked a few times!) and then we get ready and eat breakfast and feed the baby. Then Ella goes to daycare. Avery and I have been shopping, which is a really bad and expensive habit I need to break! I feed Avery (a million times a day), she sleeps off and on all day - no set naptime. I watch tv or read while I hold her. Then Aaron and Ella come home, we play and eat dinner and play. Ella goes to bed and Aaron and I just hang out until bedtime. I feed Avery and turn her into a baby burritto between 10:00 and 11:00. She wakes up to eat one or two times in the night and then we start all over again in the morning. And it all seems like just a couple hours instead of a whole day!
This past month has been one of our family's best months though. It seems like Avery has always been with us, and it has been so fun to see Ella and Avery together! I am sure the next month will be just as great. I just hope it goes a little slower though!!!
PS. I don't have any pictures yet because BOTH of our stupid camera's stupid batteries are dead and the stupid chargers are lost somewhere in a stupid box in our stupid garage. And I have no one to blame but myself because I am the one who left the cameras on and let the batteries die (stupid). But I am going to borrow a camera and have a super awesome baby photo shoot.
No comments:
Post a Comment