Monday, March 8, 2010

GYMNASTICS!!!

Ella got gymnastics lessons for her birthday. She started in January and has been going every Saturday for 2 hours each time. She really likes it! And I can tell that she has improved since the first time I watched. It is kind of weird because parents can only stay to watch one week a month. Since this was the last parent day before she is done I decided to stay the whole time and take pictures.

At the beginning of class they warm up and do some stretches.

Avery and my parents came to watch at the beginning. Avery was very interested in what Sissy and the big kids were doing.


After they warmed up they got to do the uneven bars. Ella claims to "hate" the bars but she did a really good job and looked like she was having fun.



When she isn't doing gymnastics she is usually dancing around.



After the bars they go to the trampoline. Ella loves this part, she has so much fun bouncing around she has a hard time remembering what kind of jump she is supposed to be doing. Here she is doing a tuck jump:

Being silly:
A little ballet:
And forward rolls:
Next they do Ella's FAVORITE part, the vault and the FOAM PIT!!!

They run as fast as they can, bounce of the little trampoline spring thing and jump onto a tall mat with both feet at the same time:

And then jump off and land with both feet at the same time and hold still for a second.

Then onto the beam:



Then some floor work. Here Ella is doing a forward roll OFF a tall mat onto one on the floor. She is really really good at it but it makes me a little nervous.




So Ella has one week left of gymnastics. When I asked her if she wanted to keep going or try something else, like ballet she said:

"MOM! I will ALWAYS pick the thing with the fanciest outfit!!!"

So I think it will be ballet :)

No comments: