I made this adorable and extremely soft and wonderful baby quilt out of vintage sheets - of which I have an embarrassingly large collection

The backing is also a vintage sheet and instead of quilt batting I used a layer of flannel so it is really cozy but not too heavy. Avery really likes it and it is her new favorite blanket for bedtime. Although I made it kind of small and she is a giant so pretty soon I will have to make a bigger size and this one will become a doll blanket (like all the other tiny quilts and blankets I have made)
These are also made using a vintage sheet. I cut out a butterfly pattern I saw on some blog (of course I cannot remember which one) and used fusible web to stick it to some pink card stock. I am going to hang these in the girl's room because they match perfectly!!!
I even made something for myself - this is a terrible picture but it is really hard to take a picture of your own neck. It is a scarf made from some really soft cotton jersey I had sitting around. I used this tutorial and it was SO quick and easy! I could make a million of them - if only I had more fabric. There are much better pictures on the link of what the scarf looks like.
And this I made for me/Aaron. I have had this fabric sitting around for a long time but didn't know what to do with it. I made the center panel first, but then Aaron started complaining about how I only make tiny quilts and never any "human sized" ones. So I started adding borders until it was big enough. I actually think I will add another border of gray to the outside before I finish it up. Although quilting and binding are my least favorite parts - so it might take awhile :)
This is a pillow for my bedroom (which I am very very very slowly trying to make look not ugly) it is made of a charcoal gray wool felt. I used this free pattern, although because I am INCAPABLE of following directions there are some modifications. Including an extra row of petals.
It was hard to take a decent picture of this pillow, it looks much cooler in person though - trust me :)
And finally, I made this cute baby quilt for a friend's baby - she is such a cute baby with such a perfect name (Avery!!!) that I thought she needed a new blanket. It is a patchwork top and backed with some really soft chenille.
I also embroidered her initials in one square using some awesome variegated embroidery thread. I forgot that I like doing embroidery, I might have to do some more soon. It is a perfect tv watching craft!
So now I feel like I have done enough crafting that if I have to take a break for awhile I won't get depressed. Of course I have about a thousand other projects that I want to do. So we will see. Maybe the girls will become extremely self-sufficient and cooperative and I will have more time than ever to craft! You never know!!!
3 comments:
Or Papa and/or Ama can give you some time on the weekends. Plus, don't forget the in-progress projects you have to finish!
I love LOVE the beautiful pink blanket you made for our Avery! I feel so special to be part of your "crafting" session!! Thank you SO much again!
I love these! esp. the top baby blanket and butterfly pictures. Do you ever sell this stuff? I'm getting caught up on blogs. Ella looks like she's having fun in gymnastics! Or had fun, if she's done. Takes me back to my younger days...
Post a Comment