We have some Peeps left over from Easter. Ella loves them because they are purple and 100% sugar. She isn't allowed to have much candy, but she always asks, just in case. This morning she was particularly persistent.
Ella: Mommy, can I have a Peep?
Me: No, it is too early for candy. Maybe after school.
Ella: Can I have a Peep please?
Me: Nope, sorry Ella it is too early.
Ella: But I SAID PLEASE!
Me: I know, thank you for being polite, but no candy in the morning.
One Minute Later...
Ella: Mom, can I have a Peep now?
Me: No.
Ella: But I WAAANNNT one!
Me: No.
Ella: But I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE them.
Me: NO
One Minute Later...
Ella: Can I have a Peep?
Me: Ella, NO! Stop asking.
Two Minutes Later...
Ella: Can I have a Peep please?
Me: Ella Jean, I said no and I meant it. If you ask one more time you are going to time out.
Ella (whispering): peep
Me: What did you say?
Ella: I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to myselth.
Ella (whispering): Ella, can I have a peep please? Yes you can Ella. Thank you for being polite. You can have two peeps.
She did not of course get any peeps. But you have to admire her ingenuity. If mom won't give you what you want, ask someone who will - yourself!
2 comments:
Thanks for making me laugh out loud!
How in the world do you keep a straight face? She is seriously hilarious.
Post a Comment