So the girls share a room - and believe it or not we have not had too much trouble with it at bedtime. Usually one of them falls asleep right away and the other just talks a little bit to themselves (or in Avery's case sometimes yells and screams) until they fall asleep.
But Avery has turned into a little chatterbox lately, and while Ella apparently can ignore yelling and screaming, she cannot ignore her baby trying to talk to her in quite the same way.
In the car yesterday Avery was chattering on about something basically non-stop since we got in the car. Finally, Ella turns to her and says:
"Avery! It is time to play the quiet game, okay. You be quiet until we get home and then you win! Maybe you will get a treat!"
Avery said "Okay!" Then a second later "No Ella! I talk!!!"
It was so funny to hear Ella try the quiet game trick I always use on her to get a little peace and quiet in the car - usually it is Ella who talks nonstop!
Then at bedtime last night - Aaron and I were out in the living room and we heard some sounds coming from the Girl's room. We went to listen at the door and could hear Avery talking and talking to Ella telling her a story.
Finally Ella said, "Avery! It is time to be quiet and GO TO SLEEP! No more talking!"
Avery replied, "Okay Sissy, night night."
Then a minute later, " I love you Ella"
Ella said, "I love you too"
Then another minute later, "You tha best Ella!"
Ella said, "You are the best too."
Then another minute later, "You are a nice Sissy."
Ella sighed in exasperation, "You are nice too."
Another minute later, "Night night Sissy, I love you!"
Then I could hear Ella mutter - "I just want some peace and quiet!" Then louder "Night night Avi, love you too."
2 comments:
Your girls are so sweet Holly. There is something about sisters...
Ha ha ha! I love Ella muttering. I totally relate to her! You can tell her that.
Post a Comment