The girls were having a hard time waiting for everyone to show up (everyone meaning the boys and Cheyenne who don't have anyone to wake them up at the crack of dawn Christmas morning!) so we let them open their stockings.
Ella got the movie Beauty and the Beast.
Avery got Alice in Wonderland.
Their stockings also included less exciting presents including socks and undies, oranges, pink hot chocolate and a little bit of candy. Then, for some reason I put the camera down (how unlike me) and didn't pick it up again until all the presents were opened! Craziness!
Luckily I remember (probably almost) everything!
We decided to go a new route this Christmas with the girls - just a few presents that we thought they would really love, using this poem as our guide:
Something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read.
So for Ella:
Want: A hairstyle set that has a brush, fake flat iron and curling iron and blowdryer and makeup and perfume so she can play hair salon with her dolls and Avery with real stuff instead of just pretending to brush.
Need: A new bunkbed, made by Daddy!
Wear: Christmas jammies
Read: A Fancy Nancy book about having a spa/salon at home and some workbooks to help her get ready for Kindergarten.
For Avery:
Want: A tea set
Need: A bunkbed and mattress
Wear: Christmas jammies
Read: A Dr. Seuss book at some new coloring books about animals
It doesn't seem like a lot of presents but the girls didn't notice a lack - especially not when they opened their big amazing present from Ama and Papa:
It was so big it couldn't be wrapped - we had to cover it with a sheet!
What could it be?
A gigantic awesome dollhouse bigger than Ella?!?!?
It looks like she likes it! And Avery likes it just as much! It has an elevator, a piano that plays a song, a potty that flushes and perhaps most excitingly:
A lamp that really lights up. The girls have been playing with the dollhouse NON-STOP! It is the best present ever and is really perfect for both of them.
Everyone else had a great Christmas too. Cory, Matt and Cheyenne all got kindles - which they loved. Aaron got some tools which I will make sure he puts to good use building me stuff :) I got the movie Eclipse, a sweet bias tape maker, a sewing book and craft magazine subscription and a JoAnns gift card.
We also had an excellent breakfast - I made crossiant bread pudding and fruit salad, Mom made this delicious egg casarole thing that was super yummy. Then Aaron went to bed and everyone went home and the girls and I played with all our new toys.
In the afternoon we went to Grandma Kathy and Jesse's house to celebrate with the Johanknechts. To continue my unusual trend of the day - I didn't take any pictures. I guess we were too busy having fun! The girls got lots of toys (including a princess scooter for Avery and a Nintendo DS for Ella - lucky girls!!!) and cute matching outfits and they had a blast running around and playing with their cousins. I got another JoAnn's gift card - do these people know me or what!!!
After a busy, exciting and eventful day, the girls and I came home, put on our jammies, snuggled up on the couch and watched Beauty on the Beast. It was the perfect ending to another awesome Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment