Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ella's Fancy French Fifth Birthday Party!!!

First of all, I can't even imagine that we should be having a FIFTH birthday party for Ella. I did not give her permission to grow up so fast! It is totally uncalled for. But, since she HAD to turn five we might as well have a party for her. She decided she wanted a French themed party, and when Aaron and I were in Vegas last month I happened to find some cupcake toppers with the Eiffel Tower on them, so I knew we were in business. Ella planned everything out, including the menu and decorations.

She wanted strawberries dipped in chocolate with pink chocolate swirls:


She wanted a birthday banner, a pink table cloth, streamers, pink plates and pink napkins:


Ama and Ella were responsible for the streamer hanging and the table decorations with Ella acting as creative director. I think they did a fantastic job!!!


She wanted a centerpiece with pink flowers and the Eiffel Tower:


Pink cupcakes with pink frosting:


A new fancy birthday dress:


Pink punch - this is actually Matt's invention and it is delicious! Pomegranate 7up and cran-strawberry juice. 


Cheese (4 kinds including Brie, which is French if you didn't know) and crackers with grapes and pink lady apples cut up:


And fun guests - like Avery, Ama and Papa:


Matt and Cheyenne and Cory!


She also wanted presents!


She got an awesome dress up set in a fancy chest:


A Rapunzel doll and Rapunzel's horse:


A cool apron and really cool kids sized cooking stuff:


Also a penguin pillow pet - and more presents to come from Mommy and Daddy on her actual birthday which is Wednesday.


The cupcakes were very yummy and very pink.



 Avery didn't eat the actual cake part, she just licked off all the frosting. What a weirdo!


Then the girls put on a fashion show with Ella's very fancy new dress up clothes.


It was a very fun party, and very Ella! I thought it was a very sophisticated party for a 5 year old to plan, but Ella is just a fancy kind of girl I guess!

No comments: