Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vegas Baby!!!

I have pictures from Halloween - adorable pictures. But I lost the camera that those pictures are on, it isn't permanatly lost (I hope) because it is in my house somewhere. I am sure I will find it when it is so past Halloween that the pictures will seem weird. But I will post them anyway, never fear.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago Aaron and I went on a real live adult vacation to Las Vegas!!! It was awesome!!!

We stayed in the Flamingo, which was surprisingly amazing!


We stayed in the Go rooms - which had a huge white patent headboard and lots of pink accents!



Here is the AMAZING view from our room, of the Bellagio and the fountain - so we could watch the fountain show from our room all night long.


The bathroom was super cool, it had a pink wall and the best thing - a TV in the mirror (see the black rectangle in the miror) it was very fancy.


The outside of the hotel was cool too - there were lots of fountains and pools and flamingos! We went with Aaron's best friend Justin and his wife Kara. 


We went to dinner and a fancy restaraunt in Ceasers Palace called Trevi - and we sat right next to the enormous fake Trevi fountain which was pretty cool.


And we walked and walked and walked and my feet fell off and I died and we walked more and I got new shoes and it didn't help and we walked more. But we saw tons of cool stuff, so it was totally worth it!

Like the Eiffel Tower!


And the Bellagio



The Paris Hotel - we took extra pictures because of Ella's LOVE of Paris and the Eiffel Tower


The inside garden at the Bellagio


The Venetian



The Strip


We were there on a Sunday so we went to a sports bar - Blondies - to watch the Bears game. All of us were wearing Bears gear (since Justin and Aaron decided that the four of us are all Bears fans)


Then Aaron and Justin had an epic sports day of football and hockey - resulting in a bet. I can't actually read what it says thanks to Justin's illegible handwriting, but it was a very important bet that involved significant heated discussion in the Flamingo sports book.



This trip provided Aaron and Justin many opportunities to show me that they have not changed in the past 15 years that I have known them - they are still as weird as ever.




We had some excellent food - my favorite was at Hash House A Go Go, where we had breakfast. Aaron had the fried chicken benedict which was totally astoundingly delicious (and huge)



And giant delicious hot dogs at Pinks



We also had some horrible food - some might say it was the worst buffet in the history of buffets - at the Plaza Casino downtown. Aaron and Justin INSISTED we go because it was $8.88. Kara and I didn't think that was as good an endorsement as the guys did. And we were able to say "I told you so" because it was disgusting!!!




We also gambled (of course) especially on our luckiest slot machines - Monopoly, Press Your Luck and Kenny Rogers. And awesome video black jack, which while very entertaining was not as lucky.



So despite occasionally inedible food, painful feet, monetary losses (gambling and otherwise) and missing our babies (we called and texted multiple times a day) we had a really really fun time. We are already planning for another vacation next year!!!

PS. The girls had an awesome time at their slumbercation and only had one episode of sadness which resulted in a tearful voice mail on Aaron's cell (because Ella has his number memorized) but they were super good girls and had a great time!!!

No comments: