Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

We had a really great Easter this year! We woke up (VERY early) to disover that the Easter Bunny had made a delivery to our house! Yeah!!!


And he brought CANDY!!!

And a toy bunny!

And Peeps!

And more CANDY! (why did the Easter Bunny bring SO much candy?!?!?!?)

And princess barbies!



Then the girls had baths, got their hair fixed (curling for Ella, straightening for Avery) and put on their new gorgeous Easter dresses (Liberty of London from Target!) and their new Easter shoes.

Well, Ella got to wear her new Easter shoes, Avery's shoes went missing. I found one, after a significant amount of searching in the dress up clothes box, tucked inside a purse (of course) but the other one is MIA. So I ransacked the garage until I found some old white shoes of Ella's. They are tennis shoes really, but they were the best I could do at the last minute.


Ella had a lot of fun striking a pose:

Avery wasn't really that interested. She wanted to get back into the candy!

But they both looked so cute! I love those dresses!!!


After we were all dressed we went to church. We decided to try out a new church - a giant fancy church right down the street. It was much different than I expected, I really liked the sermon and there was some excellent music. There was a solo of Joyful Joyful that was so beautiful I almost cried! Ella checked out the extremely cool Sunday school and LOVED it. When I picked her up the first thing she said was "When are we coming back?!?!?!" Avery sat with us during the service and was so good and quiet and cuddly it was amazing.

After church we went over to Mom and Dad's house. The girls and I colored eggs this week and I decided to use them to make deviled eggs - my favorite. But before we "hatched them" as Ella says, the girls wanted to check them out.

Avery thought they looked delicious!

Ella was happy to help:

She even gave them a try herself - but thought they tasted icky.

After some cooking the girls and Ama went out to the "bridge" to blow the bubbles they got in their Easter baskets. It was COLD, too cold for me with no coat and flip flops :)


Then the girls helpfully set the table for dinner.

Avery was in charge of spoons.

I think she used every spoon in the house, whenever she ran out she would go back to Ama and say "more?"

Then, once Aaron woke up and came over we had dinner. We had ham, and some turkey because some weirdo in the family (Matt) doesn't love ham. We also had delicious delicious Mom's Famous Potatoes, and asparagus and hot cross buns. Very tasty!

For desert we had cute little angel food cakes with raspberries. The girls LOVE raspberries!


It was a very fun day. I regret the amount of candy the Easter Bunny brought to our house - what was he/she/I thinking?!?!?! But it is almost all gone after several candy sneaking incidents by both girls. So that is good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super SUPER cute Easter dresses!!

Jaida said...

This post had me in stitches - your girls are so funny. The pictures of the egg-licking are hilarious.