Friday, April 16, 2010

Tragedy of Epic Proportions

My friend Catherine posted about something tragic that happened to her son this week - a lost receipt at Costco. Very upsetting I am sure - Tjabe is the exact same age as Ella so I know how very traumatic that sort of thing can be. I thought I would post about Ella's most recent tragedy.

As you may or may not be aware, Ella LOVES France - and the quintessential symbol of France to her is the "Eiffel Tower of France" and every time we see a picture o the Eiffel Tower she yells out - "THE EIFFEL TOWER OF FRANCE!!!" in a very excited way.

One day at Target she found a pink framed collage art piece about Paris, prominently featuring the Eiffel Tower. Because it is about Paris, and had a pink frame, and included the Eiffel Tower, Ella decided that this was the most amazing and beautiful work of art she had ever experienced. We visited that picture every time we went to Target for a couple of weeks - I was hoping it would go on sale so I could buy it. But then, this week, tragedy struck.

Someone else bought that picture. She cried about it the rest of the shopping trip. She LOVED that "France art" and she LOVED the "Eiffel Tower of France" and most importantly perhaps "pink is my favorite color and the frame was PINK and FANCY!"

The only way I could calm her down was to tell her we could make our own picture that would be better and more beautiful. Hopefully. So now I am trying to figure out how I can make that happen. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oh the travesty! You should just look for pictures of France online and cut and paste them into a picture you can print out. Or make a collage from a magazine:).