All about Aaron, Holly, Ella and Avery Johanknecht and our life in Anchorage, Alaska.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
A Walk in the Sunshine
The Girls and I went for a walk/bike ride in the sunshine today - just in time it appears because I am looking out the window now and it is cloudy!
Ella rode her bike and Avery rode on her tricycle (it has a handle for pushing) and I walked/ran along as best I could keeping up with speedy Ella and trying to keep the both out of the road and from crashing into cars and each other. My hands were pretty full so I didn't take any pictures. But it was so fun, and so nice to get some sunshine, fresh air and exercise that as soon as we got home Ella decided she needed to make a map of our route so we wouldn't forget it and we could go again tomorrow morning. So she did!
The blue house in the top right corner is our house. The circles with it are the rocks Ella has collected to put in our garden. the big blue and yellow building in the middle is the neighborhood school, along with the ice rink and playground. Next to the school you can see some trees and grass which is the forest we walked through.
So, starting at our house we went down the street, turned and went past the school and then turned again to walk through the woods and then back to our house in a big square. I think it is a very accurate map that will be extremely helpful to us in future walks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good thing you have the map! She's so good at drawing!
Post a Comment