The last day of school for Ella was on Thursday - that means that Ella is no longer a first grader. Which can only mean that she is going to be a second grader! I find this insane because in my mind she is still a baby. A baby that can read and fix her own breakfast and do chores and multiplication, but a baby nonetheless.
This is what my sweet baby looked like on the first day of first grade:
And the last day of first grade:
Maybe it is just me - but I think she is looking pretty grown up these days!!!
Ella had a great year of school - her reading is insane (she wants to start her book blog again this summer so be on the lookout), she has started to really enjoy math and even does it for fun (crazy I know) and science is another favorite subject. This year they dissected clams and squid and Ella LOVED it. Now she wants to be a marine biologist! To top off a super great and fun year Ella got all Os on her report card. I was so proud of her, reading the comments on her report card I almost cried! Okay, fine, I did cry a little bit.
She has been so lucky both years getting a teacher that is just right for her. This year she had Mrs. Weaver and she just loved her!
I think the feeling was mutual!
So first grade is over and she is ready for second! We have a countdown going until school starts again. I hope we can have enough fun this summer that it compares to the fun she has at school! I never thought I would have a kid that would rather go to school than have summer vacation! I know I never had that problem :)



No comments:
Post a Comment