Thursday, March 22, 2012

Iditarod

I have been having some trouble with blogspot - it won't let me upload pictures! And what good is a blog with no pictures I ask you? So here is my 700th try - hopefully it works!!!

Anyway, a couple weekends ago we went to the start of the Iditarod. We have been going for years, but this time Aaron got to come with us! Hooray for family fun! It was snowing, and the snow was literally thigh deep - but that didn't stop us from having fun! We love snow (at least some of us do)



We found a pretty good spot to watch along the groomed trail, but then we realized we could get much much closer if we wanted to wade through the deep snow. So we did! Who cares about snowpants? Not me!




Now we can high five the mushers!!!


You will notice Aaron is not looking at the camera - that is because he didn't want his picture taken. You will also notice that I take his picture anyway - that is the kind of compromise that comes after 10 years of marriage!


Our family picture attempts were often thwarted by Ella's newfound love of high fiving mushers as they go past. Kind of hard to get her to focus on standing still and looking at the camera when there are so many people to cheer for. Also, as an aside, my hair looked MUCH better before it got snowed on for 2 hours with no hat. I don't know why I didn't bring a hat. I am lucky I remembered gloves. I might be the least winter prepared person in Alaska, it is a good thing I am tough :)



We are all looking at the camera! A miracle to be sure!



Mom and Dad were there too!



Of course Ella had to try on Papa's cool fur hat - looks pretty good on her!

No comments: