Anyways, the girls have been loving the snow and Aaron helped them build a sledding track in our back yard. Starting at the top of a snowcovered pile of firewood and ending in a hole he dug a couple of feet down into the snow.
Ella says the sledding track is "Daddy's Greatest Invention EVER!!!"
It was all fun and games until Ella ventured too far off the snow covered pile of chopped up logs and onto the snow covered pile of branches. Not as sturdy I can tell you that much!
I could see it happening before it did! Ella wanted to try a new path on the sled. Imagine me yelling from the back deck, "Ella, you are too far over! Ella stop!"
Uh oh, she fell off the sled!
No imagine me putting my boots on in a hurry and running out into the yard in an attempt to rescue Ella. Then imagine me trying to wade through snow that was mid-thigh deep. Then imagine me getting stuck and yelling for Aaron to rescue us both.
But at least I had my camera! She wasn't even at the bottom, but the hole was deeper than her head!
Finally Aaron came out to rescue us!
Ella, of course, thought it was pretty awesome and a great adventure. Avery was freaked out because Ella disappeared pretty suddenly into the hole. Aaron thought it was funny. I thought that we should move to a state with less snow.
And, to top it all off, we have had another 6 or 8 inches of snow since this day. And it is snowing RIGHT NOW! Ridiculous I tell you, no one needs this much snow!












No comments:
Post a Comment