Thursday, December 15, 2011

Handmade Holidays Part 1

This year I decided I wanted to include handmade gifts in our Christmas gift giving. Of course, my plan was significantly more elaborate than that and originally included giving ALL handmade gifts (which I now realize is INSANE!) I have made pretty decent progress. I can't post everything because some blog readers might be receiving said handmade gifts, but I will try to remember to post more after Christmas!


The first thing I made is for my Godson Jameson - who, if I say so myself, is the cutest and happiest and sweetest baby boy ever. And, if I didn't get my weekly baby fix with him who knows what I would do. So clearly, he deserves something cool. And, since his Daddy is a BIG football fan, when I saw this blanket on Pinterest I knew what I had to do!

A football shaped blanket!


 

It is soft and awesome - I briefly contemplated making an adult sized one before losing interest in football and moving on to pink-er more girly crafts.

Our other baby friend Sophie (who also comes over almsot every week and provides me with much needed baby time) needed a present as well. Avery decided that Sophie needed a baby doll. So, using Avery's fabric selection expertise we made up a cute little Sophie doll!

 

I have made my girls similar dolls a year or two ago and found the directions online again just in time to make one up for Sophie!

Still in progress is a present for Sophie's big sister Hailee selected by Ella so of course it is totally hard and time consuming - because Ella has high standards :) and a few other more secret presents to be revealed at a later date. AND, a joint Aaron and Holly project involving both woodworking and sewing x3 - one each for Ella, Avery and our niece Riley. And they are awesome!!!

No comments: