Friday, December 30, 2011

Cookie Making 2011

After the Johanknecht Big Girls Birthday we went over to Mom and Dad's to do our annual Christmas cookie making. We successfully made TONS of delicious cookies. I barely took any pictures though because I was so busy cooking like a maniac!

Working hard to cut out my FAVORITE ever cookies - I think they are called Fluffy Cookies - so delicious and yet so time consuming. Totally worth it though!


Ama and Ella look so much alike I think!



All that cookie making was exhausting, the girls needed a break to watch a movie Santa sent them. Santa reminded Avery to be nice to her sister (something she needs reminding about) and Ella was reminded to try and keep her room clean (another very apt reminder) Ella said it was amazing that Santa knew so much about them! I totally agree :)


All the glorious fluffy cookies! I have to confess that I did not give a single one to our neighbors. I barely even shared with Aaron! Although the girls woke up early one day and put a pretty good dent into the remaining stash. They are lucky Santa didn't find out about that!


In addition to the fluffy cookies, we also made two kinds of amazing rice krispy treats including Grandma's famous caramel marshmallow ones, spice cookies, and the kind with hershey kisses in them (at Aaron's specific request) All that baking meant we dirtied pretty much every pan, dish and utensil in the house. Luckily we have an arrangement with my Dad, we make the cookies, he gets to eat the cookies and he cleans the kitchen. Works for me! I wouldn't want to clean up this mess:

   

Ella made a specially decorated giant fluffy cookie. It was quite fancy indeed!

No comments: