Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter 2011 - Part 1: The Baskets

 We had a pretty fun Easter this year. Avery woke up at the crack of dawn, and woke me up by yelling in my ear,

"I gotta EASTER basket fromma EASTER BUNNY! Wif bubbles and PEEPS init!!!"

So that was exciting. Then we had some snuggle time until Ella woke up. Aaron had to work so he missed the fun, but the girls were more than happy to recap every thing they found in their baskets for him when he woke up that afternoon.


I think the Easter bunny learned her lesson last year, there were a lot more inedible items in the basket this year, hardly any candy at all. But, it was just as exciting. Most exciting perhaps were the doll dresses that matched the girls Easter dresses. A huge hit!


Avery loved the peeps. Of course. They didn't last long!


But Ella was just as excited about the glittery pencils. Oh, and the Cadbury egg. Which I ended up eating during a hockey game and immediately regretted because it was kind of grossly sweet and 4 points. Bad Mommy, although in my defense it was a very stressful game and I don't handle overtime elimination games well. Apparently. Don't worry, I confessed to Ella and she forgave me.


And the bubbles, of course. These ones smell like grape. 


And a plastic egg, which in and of itself was thrilling, but then Avery discovered it was filled with jelly beans! They didn't last long either. But Avery had plenty of energy during church, which is important.


And sidewalk chalk. Hopefully it will meet a better fate than our previous sidewalk chalk. Which Avery tasted, found disgusting and then stomped on.


So that was the Easter basket excitement! Pretty fun start to a good day!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Fun! Your girls are so cute. Our kids got bubbles and sidewalk chalk too.