Ella has recently gone through what might politely be called - a naughty phase. I am pleased to say this phase appears to have ended. And I mean that I am really really really pleased to say it. Super pleased.
In one short day of this period Ella accomplished the following
(1) Woke up early, snuck into the kitchen and ate ice cream. To her benefit, she also woke Avery up so she could both share the ice cream AND claim that it was Avery's idea. Her evil blame-the-baby-plan was not sucessful.
(2) Broke into my craft room (evading the anti-children doorknob device) removed several sharpie markers, ALL of the envelopes I possessed, and (as we later discovered) several pairs of scissors. The sharpies were later used by Avery to color on the carpet. She claims she was drawing a driveway for the dollhouse. I was not amused.
(3) Used said ilicitly obtained scissors to cut her own hair in a shocking display of naughtiness and poor taste. Poor taste because she really did a terrible job. Seriously, a big chunk of bangs is about 1/2" long right in the middle. Not a good look. I was at work during this particular incident. So Aaron sent me a picture message to let me know what was going on.
Then he sent this picture of Ella. Doesn't she look upset. That is because she CUT HER OWN HAIR. And because she got into HUGE trouble. Because, as you may recall, this is not the first time. Nor is it the second time.
(4) Also used said scissors to cut her baby sisters BEAUTIFUL LONG RED CURLY HAIR!!! HAIR THAT HAD NEVER BEEN CUT! HAIR THAT HAD JUST GROWN LONG ENOUGH TO FIT INTO A PONY TAIL!!! Sorry about the caps but I was seriously upset. I mean, if you are going to be naughty and cut hair, cut your own hair. Then if it looks terrible you have no one to blame but yourself. But don't cut the baby's hair. Avery clearly didn't care, but I did.
(5) After an afternoon in time out, with no TV (especially no Phineas & Ferb, her favorite show - not for a week!!!), no computer games, no IPAD, no playing outside, no anything but room cleaning. Ella felt pretty contrite. When I got home from work and we had a very serious talk about it, she apologized profusely and begged for another chance. Another chance at what I wondered? And what would happen if I declined to give her another chance? But, because I am a forgiving mother, I said she could have another chance.
She was an ANGEL all night. Helped with Avery, cleared the table after dinner without asking, got ready for bed immediately without fighting. It was awesome. I know, deep down in my heart, that she was only being so well behaved so that she would be allowed to watch TV the next day, but I enjoyed it anyway. Also she was NOT allowed to watch TV the next day. Because she was grounded from TV.
But anyway the girls went to bed. Both tired from a long day of bad behavior. When I went in to check on them after about an hour, Ella was still awake but quietly reading in bed. Avery was fast asleep. When I leaned down to give her a kiss, this is what I discovered:
A very mysterious case of sleeping baby sticker face indeed. Ella claims Avery did it herself, before falling asleep. I don't believe her for a second. But I also think this is Ella's weird way of being nice to Avery after the hair debacle. Stickers ARE beautiful. Who wouldn't want them all over their face?




2 comments:
Ha ha ha! Oh man, Holly, I feel for you. Maggie tries to cut her hair too. I love the picture of the hair clippings. That sounds like a rough day - I would have been completely overwhelmed.
Oh, I know this was NOT funny for you at the time but your daughter is one of the most hilarious children I have ever read about. Aren't you interested to see what she's like as an adult??
Post a Comment