All about Aaron, Holly, Ella and Avery Johanknecht and our life in Anchorage, Alaska.
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Color Bubbles
When Ella saw the commercials for the color bubbles she knew she had to have some.Unfortunately, we live in Alaska and just because something is on TV, it doesn't mean it has made it into stores up here. Fortunately, my friend Jackie is an intrepid shopper and found a whole set of color bubbles for the girls! We had to try them right away. Actually, Jackie and I tried them in the office first and there was a minor carpet staining incident (which has since been rectified) so I knew we better do these bubbles outside. Neither of the girls were interested in changing into old clothes - as Ella put it "Beautiful clothes are always better. For everything." So we decided to risk stains and have some fun!
The bubbles are awesome! They really are brightly colored!
Avery loved them too, although her bubble blowing skills are not as highly developed as Ella's. She still had a good time.
So what if she got a little messy. Or a lot messy. It was fun!
Ella ended up with a few colorful spots and a few new colorful freckles on her nose.
So immediately after the great color bubble adventure the girls went straight into the tub - where to their delight the water and the bubbles turned green. I would imagine it is because at least half of the green color bubble mix ended up on Avery. But it all washed off the girls fine. Their clothes, I am afraid to report, did not do as well. But it was extremely fun, so totally worth it.
I personally didn't blow any bubbles, but a giant purple one landed in my hair so I had a purple spot for a couple of days. I pretended that it was intentional and that I am an edgy purple haired sort of lawyer. I think I totally pulled it off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Yup, we have those bubbles, and they do make a mess! I wasn't sure if they would wash off as well as they claimed, but so far we're okay. Another fun thing the kids got in their Easter baskets were colored bath tabs from Crayola - they turn the bath water cool colors and actually rinse away well. A huge hit!
Post a Comment