Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Avery is a Big Girl

Avery is such a big girl now. Of course she is also currently the world's crankiest baby because of some extreme teething, but even when she isn't feeling her best she is a sweet sweet baby. This is a picture of her tonight after I tucked her into bed. She has her baby (with red hair) Melmo (Elmo) her sister's pillow and her own blanket.

Since she stopped nursing two weeks ago bed time has been amazingly easy. Just some kisses and lay her down and say good night. And then she falls asleep. Ella has been giving us fits at bedtime since day one, but Avery is a bedtime angel. I think she saves the fits for other times. Like when dinner isn't ready on time :) So it is nice having an easy bedtime, but now I am officially baby free - this is the first time I have been not nursing or pregnant for 4 years and 10 months. And I do regret the sad lack of tiny babies around here, but I got to hold my nephew Bryson this weekend, and I think as long as I can get a little baby time here and there I will make it. Hopefully :)

This is a video I took of Avery tonight - showing off her talking skills. Hopefully you can understand what she is saying!



Her other favorite words to say are "thank you" (more like dank dou), "read", "more" (usually together when she says "read more" 100 times for every book you read her), "down", "sissy", "Melmo on" (when she wants to watch Elmo on tv - accompanied by vigirous pointing at the tv), and "nack" (which of course means snack)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I recently stopped nursing too. Kind of sad, but also fun to wear normal bras and dresses again!

Unknown said...

AND I watched the video. What a doll. I'd love to have our kids play together more often... when can you come see us?

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!