Tuesday, March 24, 2009

She's Tricky

Ella is the trickiest little girl! Somehow, she has come to the conclusion that if something has her name on it, it is hers. That makes sense right? Well, now she can write her name so she has been writing it on everything and then asserting that those things are hers, "Because it has my name. E-L-L-A that spells Ella. So it's mine." She has tried this with books (my books), a big snowman poster at daycare, the mail, some semi-important work papers, and the laptop!

I saw the laptop sitting on the couch and to my surprise, in pink crayon: it said "Ella" on it. Of course Ella knows better than to write on the laptop. I called her over and this is how the conversation went:

Me: Ella Jean, did you color on the laptop
Ella: No, that would be too naughty
Me: Than why do I see that someone has colored the name Ella on the computer?
Ella: It says Ella?! Well, then it must be my computer. Don't worry, I will take it to my room.
Me: Ella Jean, did you write your name on the computer?
Ella: No!
Me: Than who did?
Ella: It must have been Avery.
Me: Avery is a baby, she does not know how to write
Ella: She is getting bigger and bigger. I will tell her not to be naughty.

After a minute or so Ella confessed and suffered the horrible indignity that is time out. She also said sorry to me and to Avery and we had a nice long talk about lying and blaming the baby for naughty things Ella did. This is not the first time she has accused Avery of doing something naughty, and I am positive it won't be the last.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

That's great! Can't wait until Tjabe starts blaming things on Maggie. At least now I know it will be normal :). Did the crayon come off?

Unknown said...

Hey Holly! Dana referred me to your blog last week. This is the cutest story I've heard in a long time! She's gunna love it when she's older. : )

What adorable girls you have!

Hannah (McDiffett) Finch