Thursday, March 5, 2009

Avery Kate!!!

I promised Avery pictures so here you go!!!

Avery helping with the laundry:


Avery practicing to be a big girl:

Avery being a cuterpants:


A smoochy face:


A smiley face:

A sleep face:

Avery is such a good baby!!! After being really sick twice in one month I think she is finally getting back to her old self. She has gained back the weight she lost (and then some, if you couldn't tell by the cheeks - she is now 18lbs) and she is almost back to her old sleeping schedule. She goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 and usually sleeps until morning with a couple of times of needing the pacifier put back in her mouth (which I can do pretty much in my sleep) and very rarely she wants to eat in the night. But when she does, it is usually at 4:30 which is the worst time for her to wake up. Because just when I get her fed and back to bed, and I go back to sleep, Aaron's alarm goes off at 5:00. Very annoying :)

She has her appetite back too and has been LOVING baby food. When she sees the bowl or jar she starts bouncing around and does this little excited breathing thing that is super cute. She has started to try some finger food too - some puffs and these disgusting rice rusk things called Mum Mums that she loves. She likes to go to daycare and almost never cries when I drop her off. She just sits and plays with toys on the floor and lets all her baby friends come over to see her.

Avery shows absolutely no interest in crawling or doing much rolling over. She can roll over, I have seen it myself, but she does not care to do it. She would rather cry until someone comes to get her, or until Ella starts to get concerned and tries to help her and then someone has to come and save her from the loving and enthusiastic attention of her big sister! But Avery is usually very content to sit on the floor and play with whatever toys Ella brings her, or to watch Ella dance like a ballerina or listen to Ella sing her songs.

Luckily Ella and Avery are getting along really well. Ella is a wonderful helper and still wants to hold Avery every single day. Avery may not want to be held everyday, but I can't say I blame her :)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

What a sweetie! I still love the red hair.