Monday, December 15, 2008

Birthday Fun!!!

Ella had her birthday party on Sunday afternoon. It was awesome! She decided she wanted a princess party, and everything had to be pink and purple because, as Ella says "pink and purple are my best colors!"

So she got a pink dress - that she picked out herself and had to wear even though it was a little too big and kind of looked like a nightgown. You can also see some of her party favors - princess socks, a princess necklace and a super fancy princess pony tail thing:

We had guests including, Ama, Papa, Cory, Matt, Grandma Kathy, Jesse, Aunt Kelly, Uncle Hank and Riley (Ella calls her Cousin Riley which I think is adorable) Even though Riley does not look super excited, I think she had fun!


Ella wanted to do a cwaft (craft) at her party so we decided it would be fun to decorate gingerbread houses. I put them all together the night before:


And Ella and Riley decorated them with candy:


And frosting. Ella probably ate as much candy and frosting as she put on her house:




Avery had fun, she got passed around between the Grandmas and Papa, Cory even took a turn!


Aaron even did a little decorating - he made all the doors and windows!


This is Riley's chimney - kind of a Dr. Seuss style chimney:


Ella was very serious about decorating - she didn't really want to stop, even to open presents!




But we finally convinced her that the HUGE pile of pink wrapped presents was for her to open and she got kind of excited. Riley was also very interested in the present opening part:





Ella got the movie Wall-E from Matt, she was so excited to see it!



After all the presents were opened Riley and Ella played with all the new toys. There was a Barbie keyboard with microphone - very noisy, thanks Aunt Kelly! Just wait for Riley's birthday, I am sure we can come up with something even noisier by next week!


A remote controlled My Little Pony cart thing (why a pony needs a cart is a mystery, but Ella LOVES IT) She actually got two little pony toys and she has slept with them in her bed both nights so far.


Ella also got the movie Kung Fu Panda, a super cool ballerina dress, some Tinkerbell dress up clothes, a princess crown craft and another princess craft, a letter game, a couple of books, a Tinkerbell coloring book (I would have loved to see Cory buying this!) and Barnes and Noble gift card.

This is Riley trying on all of her party favors at once, which is of course the best way to do it, just ask Ella!


After the presents and some play time it was cake time! Ella was the most excited about the cake! We got a cake from Costco because I didn't think I would have time to make a cake like I have the past two years. Also because Ella wanted a princess cake and I have no cake decorating skills. So we got a princess cake, with her name on it! Which was very exciting!!! And a pink and purple glitter candle shaped like a 3. So Ella knew it was a cake for her because: "It says Ella and three and I am Ella and my birthday is three so this is my cake!"

She LOVED IT! We sang "Happy Birthday" to her:

But she got a little shy while we were singing:

And a little more shy:

And tried to hide under the table:

But came back up to blow out the candle:

And to eat the cake, of course!


It was a great party. I can't believe that Ella is three! That seems so old! Tomorrow (tuesday) is her actual birthday. I decided to take the day off so we are going to do all fun stuff all day. After consulting with Ella we have decided on story time at the library, a movie and a cwaft. Although, we might just decide to stay home all day and watch movies - we can do whatever we want!

No comments: