Saturday, November 5, 2011

Sewing Table

Since I have moved my office home, I knew I would have to make some serious changes to my beloved craft room. I knew this because my craft room, which now has to accommodate my giant desk and all my files/law books/school stuff, was already 150% full of fabric and craft stuff. So, I had a dilemma, obviously I cannot overcome my hoarder instincts and get rid of some craft stuff. Don't be ridiculous. But I would have to reorganize and perhaps reconsider whether I needed the supplies for all 1,000 of my crafts to be accessible. So I completely emptied the room out, moved some things to the crawl space, painted, made Aaron put up new trim, painted some more and re-assembled my giant desk.

Much to my dismay it appeared that I would not have space in my teeny tiny room to fit all my crap back in. So Aaron, my beloved and useful husband, volunteered to build be a new sewing/cutting table! With storage! And so we designed it and he did it! And it is amazing!!!



All those weird specs in the pictures are dust - we now have the dustiest garage in the universe! I am glad it is not my job to sweep it :)


Then we moved it into the craft room and put it together - and it was perfect!!!


Then I immediately filled it up with all my junk even though it still needs to be painted (by me sadly) and have its shelves installed (by Aaron!)


And it all fits! Space for cutting, the serger and the sewing machine all at once! And the awesome middle section for my rulers and cutting mats. But if I want to quilt, there is a special home for my serger out of the way and lots of counter space to spread things out.


It really is the best sewing table in the world! When I get it painted and the rest of the room put together I will post more pictures!

No comments: