Sunday, November 6, 2011

Crafty Girls - Now With Scissors!

We have had a long term ban on scissors in this house. After a number of tragic hair cutting incidents I decided I would rather the girls fall behind on their scissor skills than have to deal with weird short bangs and unfortunate ill advised child mullets.

But, since Ella started school she has been demonstrating appropriate scissor usage, so I agreed that we could do a few fun crafts using the terrible tool. So Ella has been cutting out shapes from colored paper and making collage pictures - which is not only pretty fun but also awesome!



Of course, whatever Ella does Avery has to do also. Even though her scissor technique is a little - how do you say - scary. She was totally into it and very proud of the final result!




1 comment:

Jaida said...

Haha, this post made me laugh. Nothing will ever, ever be as funny as the picture Aaron sent you with the hair samples cut from each girls' head.

I leave the scissors skills to the paid teachers!!!