You might be wondering why I am posting about stuff that happened weeks ago. Well, it is because I can't post the new stuff until I post the old stuff or I would never post the old stuff and that would be tragic. Because I want to remember our Royal Wedding Celebration! It was so fun!
Ella was the event planner, she made all the food and attire choices - although Avery was not as cooperative as Ella would have liked.
It was hard to think about English food, but Ella requested "England cookies, tea sandwiches and other England-ey stuff" So I thought long and hard about it and got shortbread, chocolate fluffernutter sandwiches cut into triangles and the blackberries and strawberries I had in the fridge. But we put them on a fancy party plate and used some fabric for a beautiful table cloth. Ella was happy with my choices.
If I had really been planning ahead I would have made us all elaborate hats, but this was kind of a last minute event, so instead Ella selected some Royal Wedding Celebration appropirate attire. Ella wore the beautiful dress she wore as as a flower girl at Justin and Kara's wedding. She had something else picked out for Avery, but Avery wanted to wear this blue sun dress. So she did. I also wore a dress, but I didn't get a picture of it.
We loved to check out all the dresses and fancy hats we saw. Ella is an aspiring fashion designer so she watched the whole thing with notebook and pencil in hand so she could draw the outfits she loved best. And there were a lot. I had to pause every 2 minutes so she could get a good look at the best dresses and hats.
All in all it was a fun way to spend the morning with my two best girls. I wish we could have gone to London to watch it in person, it was amazing!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment