Friday, March 25, 2011

Right This Minute

I decided that if I wait for something exciting to happen, I will never post anything on this blog because we never do anything exciting - at least we don't do exciting things with any regularity. So, for your viewing pleasure, this is what we are doing right this minute!

Ella is watching her new favorite show (Phineas & Ferb) on my work laptop (thanks netflix!) in her room. This is what she chose as her reward for cleaning her room entirely by herself with only minimal reminding.


Ella is motivated to have a clean room because she knows we have company coming up this summer and she wants to make a good impression. She is trying to get me similarly motivated to clean by telling me things like, "What if Great Ama comes over, and she needs to take a nap in your room, but it is MESSY with LAUNDRY?!?!? What will she think!?!?!?" I don't know what Great Ama thinks, but I think if some people wouldn't change their clothes 350 times a day, I wouldn't have so much laundry to do and my room wouldn't be messy. So there.

Avery didn't help Ella clean their room, in fact, she already got it messy again. But she wanted a "weward" too, and she has been using the potty with increasing consistency, so her reward is to watch Olivia on the couch without anyone to bother her. She does not care for Phineas & Ferb.


Avery has been talking so much more, it is hysterical. My weekend project is to capture some of her weird sayings on video. But, just in case my plan fails, I will share a little bit of conversation I overheard yesterday while Ella and Avery were looking at the moose in our back yard. Both girls were standing in front of our sliding glass doors, and the moose were about 5 feet away in the back yard eating our trees.

Avery: "Hey! You crazy moose! Get over here, my wanna pet you!"
Ella: "Don't pet a moose Avery, they are dangerous!"
Avery: "No dey not! Hey! You crazy moose! Stop eating our bushes!!!"
Ella: " Moose! Go away, I want to play outside!"
Avery (to Ella): "Not me, my no like outside, dere is a kitty. Dat moose get the kitty? My no like dat kitty! My oney like MOOSE! Hey! You crazy moose! Get over here, my wanna pet you!!!"

So, interestingly, although Avery is completely TERRIFIED of the neighbor cat that sometimes plays in our back yard, she loves moose and wants to pet them. Also, moose are apparently crazy.

In other news, I actually completed a craft project this year! Amazing, and it is only March! What will the rest of the year bring :)

Aaron's friend from work had a baby last Friday night - technically his wife had a baby, but whatever. And Aaron told me when he got home from work Saturday morning and said, "You think you can come up with a baby present today?" And maybe he meant go to the store and purchase a baby present, who knows. But I decided to take the opportunity to finish a baby quilt I had been working on for awhile. It is another vintage fabric patchwork quilt (my favorite kind) in purples and blues.


 I hand stitched the binding, and even though I hate hand sewing, I love the way it turns out, so I do it anyways.

So that is what is happening in our house right now, show watching, room messing, baby quilt making, moose yelling and general crazyness!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Beautiful quilt Hol! You're so talented.