Thursday, February 4, 2010

Block

I have had everything block the past couple of weeks - writer's block, blogger's block, crafter's block, and even the previously never experienced reader's block where I couldn't decide on what I wanted to read. It was horrible. But, I think I am finally over it. And I owe all my thanks to Ella.

On Sunday Ella decided she wanted to make a Valentine's Day craft. She decided exactly what she wanted to do and even what supplies she needed. So we made a list and went to the store.

1. Red paper
2. Glue
3. Hard 'Roni Cheese with no cheese
4. Cookies
5. Cheetas (cheetos)

So we got everything and came home to get started. First we had a cookie:



Then Ella directed me to cut out hearts and she got to work.


I won't show the finished product because I don't want to ruin any surprises :) But after one successful crafting endeavor I had a few more. The skirt (using this tutorial minus the pockets) and a cover for my sewing machine (using a pattern I made up - surprisingly it worked the first time, I must be cured!)

And a super cute bag - this is a terrible picture, and it wants ironing, but I was pretty impressed with myself. I used this pattern and even followed it almost the whole time :)


It has a cute covered button closure:

And my favorite part is the red polka dot lining!


And I have cleaned 85% of my craft room, re-started my blogging and read a couple of books. So I think I am cured. Just in time for the end of my last week of unemployment. Next week I have orientation for my new job as a substitute teacher! Hopefully then I will be able to start working. Which is good (for money) and bad (because working is never as good as not working)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want this bag!! You should sell them on Etsy!