Saturday, February 7, 2009

For Paper Only!!!

I have told Ella one million times, maybe two million times, that her scissors are for paper only. I told her after she cut her shirt (because she wanted to sew it back together), after she cut her favorite ballerina princess dress (she said the scissors cut it "by their own!" and that she had nothing to do with it that time, but I am suspicious), and countless other times. I thought she had probably learned the lesson by now, because she was particularly upset about the princess dress incident.

But, she did not learn, and this is what I found on the kitchen floor this afternoon after Ella had been left alone for one minute while doing a craft:

Yep, that is a big pile of hair. She decided that her hair was too long. So she cut it off.


Now she has half of a big time mullett. And it is really short in parts, so I don't know how exactly we are going to fix it. But I imagine that it will involve professional assistance. And I am sad because her hair was just getting long! No more pig tails! Now just a questionable half-mullett until we can get it sorted out.

So now the scissors are going away for a long time. A long long time.

No comments: